Interested in our concept? Want to work with us?
Well if you do, then we would like to hear from you. Provided that you are:
• Good at what you do
• Have knowledge and passion for design, e-commerce and social media
• Ready to work hard with a team of other enthusiastic types who aren't bad at what they do either
• Somebody with initiative and the ability to perform under deadline pressure
• Native english or french speaker but fluent in English
• A nice person who's easy to get along with.
You will be an essential member of a small international team of smart people
Focused on spotting products and emerging talents, sharing news and selling good design products accross the world.
You will report directly to the buymedesign.com’s executives and will be co-responsible for producing the majority of the original content on the blog.
SALES - Business Development
The prime responsibility of the Sales Agent is to lead the entire approach and understanding of the targeted market (above mentioned) for the Sales Management Team based in Asia (Hong Kong). The objective of the company is to expand its retail network (B2B) and operations in the targeted market.
The Sales Agent will be in charge of finding clients and partners (retailers, buyers, trade fair organizers, designers, associations, chambers of commerce, corporates for gifting…), approaching them for deals, contacts, quotations and insure a good communication with them. This position will be expected to provide support in areas such as cold calling, report writing, market trends analysis and deal closing. High autonomy expected. The Sales Agent must be a highly motivated, self-starter, out of the box thinker, and autonomous with a positive attitude.
The ideal candidate is willing to start growing a network and a business in order to help the company expand its operation in the targeted market. A long-term candidate is desired for this position. The ideal candidate can organize his or her schedule as he/she wants but will have to do weekly or bi-weekly report/calls to keep the management team posted on the on-going operations. Management will be listening to the Sales Agent’s advices and opinions, so we require a reliable and forward-thinking profile.
Finally, the ideal candidate can be from a designer background as well as a sales background (with sales acumen and passion).
Objectives of the mission:
The focus will be on the B2B activities, that is to say contacting, pitching and handling conversation with retailers and partners to place our designers’ products and expand our notoriety.
Another focus will be on reporting information on the targeted market to understand our offer’s positioning and messaging strategy.
• Coordinate and RUN presentations, meetings, proposals and offers to prospective clients and potential partners
• Acquisition of new accounts and follow-up with existing ones for repeat orders
• Marketing, cold calling, meetings
• Generate weekly reports and discuss results, failures and improvement points
• Manage and prioritize multiple projects
• Develop a network in the design community (school, associations, studios…)
• Close deals and contracts
• It is all in behaviour and personal capabilities.
• Must possess understanding, learning or knowledge in sales, retail, design and creativity is a plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and work in full autonomy
• Ability to work pro-actively and effectively with distance, though be able to communicate regularly, clearly, and honestly
• Demonstrate professionalism and business acumen
• Interpersonal skills and listening skills a must have.
Job Type: Freelance, Part-time, Full-time
Location: USA, North & South America, Australia, Singapore, Taiwan, China, Sri Lanka, India
Education Level: College Courseworks Completed, Bachelors, Masters
Career Level: Sales Agent/Operations Manager
Salary: Commissioned Job – based on the number of deals registered and signed. With attractive commission structures in place, excellent earning potential exists for a strong and passionate salesperson or designer willing to undertake business activities in the design sector.
We are looking for an experienced Magento developer to join our growing team.
We currently have a position for a passionate and dedicated talented developer to join our
team. This is a key role in the company:
• Candidates should be extremely competent, with the ability to work on multiple projects within a fast-paced environment.
• They should have experience leading development for the full life-cycle of a project – on spec, on time, on budget
• They should have experience managing and reviewing outsourced technical resource(s)
• They should be passionate about open-source software with a desire to innovate and develop technical IP for buymedesign.com
• They should be commercially minded and results focused in terms of delivering accountable and efficient solutions and cost effective, on time projects for the company
• The candidate will be able to demonstrate proficiency across all coding techniques and web technologies and have a first class knowledge of industry trends, technology trends and best practices
Experience & Skill set
At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role or a freshly graduated student with talent!
• Ability to convert designs into pixel perfect, standards compliant XHTML/CSS Dreamweaver and ability to handcode
• Experience working with Ecommerce solutions.
• Capable to work with other platforms (such as WordPress) and equally be confident in building a mobile e-commerce application for us.
• Writing detailed well coasted proposals and technical specs
• Project Planning / Solution / Testing
• Excellent understanding of browser capabilities and issues
• Clean, well commented code.
• SEO and Social Network proficient
• Experience using Photoshop and Illustrator
• Working knowledge of Magento e-commerce
• Experience developing for mobile/multiple platforms
Approach / People skills
• Proactive individual with the ability to work on his/her own as well as part of a team; understands the requirements of working in small, entrepreneurial company
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highly organized and detail-oriented multi-tasker with a strong sense of ownership of process and results.
• Able to demonstrate the Diligent values including resourcefulness, commitment and hard work; the hunger, motivation and grit required to put Buymedesign.com on the map and to carve out a personal role/place as the business grows
• to be discussed
STAGE EDITORIAL - FRANCE - PAYS FRANCOPHONES - HONG KONG
Stage editorial et marketing @ www.buymedesign.com France et Hong Kong
Nous sommes toujours prêts à accueillir de nouveaux talents, des plumes aiguisées qui voudraient faire partager leur passion et leur culture tout en répondant aux critères exigeants que nous nous sommes fixés.
Vous aimez blogger, chiner sur les blog de deco, de mode et de design...? Le design et la mode sont vos passions? Ce stage est fait pour vous!
• Definir la ligne editoriale et le planning de publication du blog francais (evenements majeurs du design, tendances, evenements commerciaux, news, interviews...)
• Suivi, analyse et developpement des tendances SEO, mots cles, traffic, backlinks pour augmenter l'audience et le referencement naturel
• Developpement de partenariats media (evenements, designers...) et syndication de contenu
• Animations des plateformes sociales dont la section 'spot' integree au site buymedesign.com (FB, Twitter, Pinterest...), analyse des performances
• BA/BS degree, journaliste, Science Po
• Langue maternelle francais
• Anglais courant, Chinois (Mandarin, Cantonais sont un plus puisque nos bureaux sont a Hong Kong)
• Expertise back office WordPress, prise et montage video sont un plus
• Passion pour les media, internet et les media sociaux - expertise FB Twitter Google+ Pinterest requise etc
• 3-6 a 9 mois en annee de cesure.
Lieu du stage:
• France et/ou Hong Kong
• A definir
Postuler, contact: email@example.com